I. Introduction to the Forum
Since the founding, Hainan University has always tightly followed national strategies. The old generation of scholars have been working together to create brilliance for the southern part of China with a sincere heart, whose groundbreaking contributions in natural rubber and tropical agriculture have strongly promoted China's national defense and the economic and social development of the tropical zone. In the new era of all-round opening up, the new initiative of building a high-level free trade port has brought the new generation of Hainan University to a new historical node. General Secretary Xi Jinping clearly pointed out that "we should support Hainan University to create world-class disciplines", which has given Hainan University a new significant historical mission. In order to better implement this historical mission and serve the national strategic needs and the construction of Hainan Free Trade Port, Hainan University has organized four consecutive International Young Scholars Forums, through which a large number of outstanding young scholars from home and abroad have joined the team of the new Hainan University and become the backbone of the university's leapfrog development.
The free trade port facing the world urgently desires talents from all sides, and Hainan University is thirsty for young people who are capable of going global. For this reason, we intend to continue to hold the 5th International Young Scholars Forum, and sincerely invite outstanding young scholars with different academic backgrounds from home and abroad to the island of Hainan with the azure sea and blue sky, green trees and white sands, and to the free trade port which is in full swing with high speed development, to set up their career in new Hainan University and to make achievements in the new era.
The forum is intended to carry out academic discussions and cooperation on multidisciplinary academic frontiers and hot issues, including "Free Trade Port Development and Institutional Innovation", "Ecological Civilization", "Culture and Tourism", "Southern Propagation and Tropical High-Efficiency Agriculture", "Marine Science and Technology", "One Health", and "Information Technology", seven sub-forums in seven research areas.
II. Registration Conditions
(I) Team leaders
1. Professional and technical talents who are below age 45 (age limit can be appropriately loosened for those who are particularly outstanding), holding positions equivalent to associate professor or above in famous overseas universities and scientific research institutions, with high scientific research level and strong scientific and technological innovation ability, or holding senior positions in internationally renowned enterprises and scientific research institutions.
2. Strong academic ability, considerable academic influence within the discipline, with the potential to maintain or promote the discipline to the domestic advanced level; experience in organizing and planning national scientific research projects; innovative ideas for the construction of the discipline, and able to play a major supporting role in the discipline construction and talent training.
(II) Teaching and research backbones
1. Below age 35 (age limit can be appropriately loosened for those who are particularly outstanding), with a doctoral degree from a renowned overseas university; or with a doctoral degree from a renowned domestic university and experience in scientific research in a renowned overseas university, scientific research institution, or R&D organization of a well-known enterprise; or outstanding young talents who are currently working in other scientific research institutions or universities at home and abroad.
2. Have good academic ability and a certain degree of academic influence in their own disciplines; play a backbone role in the construction of disciplines and cultivation of talents in their own disciplines.
III. Enrollment Process
1. Registration: young scholars at home and abroad who meet the requirements shall log in the online registration system before November 30 to register and fill in the relevant information, by when they must choose to attend the forum online or offline.
Registration link: http://zp.hainanu.edu.cn (select "HNU Forum")
2. Invitation and receipt: The university will complete the invitation work before December 5.
The university will send electronic invitation letters to the invited scholars in batches. Please check the email address registered in the registration system in time. Invited scholars are required to fill in the reply slip and confirm their participation within 3 days after receiving the invitation letter.
IV. Schedule of the Forum
Check-in time: All day on December 21, 2023
Schedule: December 22-23, 2023
(1) Opening ceremony;
(2) Meeting between university leaders and young scholars;
(3) Sub-Forum Academic Seminar;
(4) Faculty Exchange Symposium;
(5) Visiting the History Museum, relevant laboratories, etc.
V. Travel and Accommodation Support
During the Forum, the university will provide free accommodation and food for the scholars who attend the meeting offline, and the invitees will book their own two-trip air tickets (economy class only) for reimbursement when they arrive at the university. The total two-trip limit for international flights is RMB 10,000/person, and the total two-trip limit for domestic flights is RMB 5,000/person.
VI. Treatment and Support Conditions
(I) The main treatment for the introduction of high-level talents by Hainan University:
1. Leaders or backbone teachers with outstanding scientific research ability and excellent achievements or outstanding performance in their own professional areas may have their treatment and remuneration determined through the School Special Appointment Committee on a case-by-case basis.
2. Outstanding young scholars with outstanding scientific research ability can be directly recognized or employed at a higher level by the university's Special Recruitment Committee when they join the university.
3. Outstanding doctors with working experience in overseas universities, scientific research institutes and R&D organizations of famous enterprises can apply for the corresponding talent level and treatment according to their academic achievements and scientific research potential. Foreign high-level talents can adopt annual salary system.
Level of talents
Settlement fee (RMB 10,000)
Reference annual salary (RMB 10,000)
Scientific research facilities
Provide adequate research start-up funding and high-quality research space.
(II) Supporting treatment related to the introduction of high-level talents in Hainan Province:
1. Housing: after identified by the Hainan Province as a leading talent (Class C) and above, the talents can apply for a set of no more than 150/180/200 square meters of talent apartments in line with the relevant provisions of Hainan Province, and get 80% of the property rights for free by the government after five years of full-time service, and 100% after eight years; those who are identified by the Hainan Province as a top-notch (Class D) or other category (Class E) talents can apply respectively for RMB 5,000/month and RMB 3,000 /month for housing rental subsidy or home purchase subsidy, with cumulative issuance of no more than 3 years.
2. The Hainan Provincial Government will purchase commercial health group insurance of more than RMB 6,000 per year for leading (Category C) and above talents working full-time in Hainan, who can enjoy annual health check-up services.
3. Other corresponding levels should enjoy the services and guarantees in terms of settlement, children's education, spouse employment and medical protection.
4. Talents who meet relevant regulations of Hainan Province can enjoy the preferential policy of exempting the portion of the actual tax of personal income that exceeds 15%.
VII. Contact Information
1. Personnel Department
Contact: Teacher Wang, Teacher Huang
2. List of Contact Person for Talent Work in the School
Special email for talent work
School of Law
School of Marxism
College of Humanities
School of Foreign Studies
School of Life and Health
School of Biomedical Engineering
School of Ecology and Environment
School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
School of Materials Science and Engineering
School of Information and Communication Engineering
School of Computer Science and Technology(International School of Digital Media and Film)
School of Civil Engineering and Architecture
School of Food Science and Engineering
School of Public Administration
School of Tourism
School of Music and Dance
School of Art and Design
School of International Tourism
School of Physical Education
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Cyberspace Security (School of Cryptology)
State Key Laboratory of Marine Resources Utilization in South China Sea
Nanfan School (Sanya Nanfan Research Institute)
Hainan Dongpo Culture Research and Communication Center
School of Mathematics and Statistics
School of Physics and Electronic Engineering
School of Electronic Science and Technology
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Institute of Tropical Agriculture and Forestry
School of Marine Biology and Aquaculture
School of Marine Science and Engineering
International Business School
Analytical Instrumentation Center (Higher Research Center for Precision Instruments)
International School of Communications
Group Chat for The 5th International Youth Scholars Forum