Faculty Pre-arrival Content
November 6, 2023

If you are coming to work in China, you may obtain a "Notification Letter of Foreigner's Work Permit" from the HNU first. With this letter, you may apply for a Z-visa at the visa office of China's embassy or consulate.

Within 10 days after entry into China, you must apply for the "Foreigner 's Work Permit" through the help of your School. The “Foreigner's Work Permit" will be necessary for subsequent application for the “Work Type Residence Permit for Foreigner". Within 30 days after entry into China, you must go to the Exit and Entry Administration to apply for the Work Type Residence Permit for Foreigner. The administrative penalty for the delay in applying for the residence permit is 500 Yuan per day.

If you come to China for short-term exchange and visit purposes, you may apply for an "Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit" or a "Confirmation Letter for High Level Foreign Talents" (if you meet the qualification requirements of Type A). Either of these letters will enable you to apply for an F-Visa or R-visa. The F-visa allows for one or two entries but requires that the duration of stay not exceed 90 days. The R-visa is valid for five to ten years and requires that the duration of stay does not exceed 180 days. If you are later on employed and receive payment, you will still have to apply for a work permit and residence permit.

Related Articles